Thursday, May 3, 2018

A Note From Mom

As we approach Mother's Day, I am reminded of the friends and family who are missing their own mothers who have passed on. It is my hope that this note will bless their hearts.


A Note From Mom
By Bectoria Stafford

My journey’s over now, and I’ve gone home, my children, you must feel all alone,
I’ve held you close, I’ve hugged you tight, and now we’ve had our last “good-night,”

I write this note, before I go, with lessons I want you to know,
In our fallen world, there is deception, in a sea of norms, be the exception,

Hold doors, learn names,
Give and forgive freely, so you’ll never know shame,

Open your hearts, to open minds,

Show the Love of your God, Divine,
Introduce yourself, take a chance,

In the wash of “I don’t knows,” take a stance,

When you meet others, look them in the eye, speak from the heart, and never lie,

Love each other, as God loves you, and read your Bible, because it’s true,
Live your life and know you’re free, and when it’s all over, you’ll come see me,

With Jesus there, He’ll welcome you in, He’ll hug you tight, your life-long friend,
Because of the grace that He gave you, you’ll be there forever in your body new,

Of all the things I could teach you, it’s what Jesus did, just for you,
That matters most, that matters at all, so in your faith, you’ll stand up tall,

To be your mom, I’ve been truly blessed, to teach you about His righteousness,
Because of Jesus and His sacrifice, you are free from sin, because He paid the price,

They say a mother’s love will never end, so show your tears, and don’t pretend,
A comforting warmth is your mother’s love, in fellowship with God above,

My life is not lost, for I am free, with my Savior for eternity,
Because of our Savior, we will meet again, so live your life fully until then,

And remember, because of Jesus Christ,
We’ll be together, forever, with Him, in paradise.

Love Always,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment